To: NS Host Sites
Date: March 12, 2020
Subject: COVID 19 Preparation for Remaining Provincials
We are concerned about the current COVID 19 situation. According to the NS Department of Health website there are no probable or confirmed cases in Nova Scotia as of March 11th. In order to ensure that we show due care and caution during this event, we encourage you and your team to be aware of the information provided by the provincial health department: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/
Additional information is provided by the Public Health Agency of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html .
Please follow the health recommendations:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Please share this with your team so that we will have a healthy environment for this event.