The Halifax Curling Club is currently looking for a friendly and motivated parttime Evening & Event Supervisor to join our community family.
We are ideally seeking one person to fill the role, but will consider multiple people to fill all the required hours.
The Halifax Curling Club is a welcoming facility that supports a diverse and active community through social, sport and leisure activities. We are open to all ages and abilities. The Halifax Curling Club is the oldest active curling club in Canada, founded in 1824.
Our Core Values are:
- To provide a great place to curl and have fun
- To offer a great experience for our guests on every visit
- To offer our staff a great place to work
The Club hosts a variety of functions – club curling, weekend curling/Bonspiels, corporate events, banquets and general meetings.
It’s not just about working the bar and serving drinks, it’s getting to know the members, guests and giving first time curlers a great experience while filling downtime with other tasks that help the club out.
Applications will be accepted until Friday November 10th.
Please email your Resume and Cover Letter to
See Job Description Below
For more information call the Club – (902) 423-7857
The Evening & Event Supervisor is a part time position that reports to the Curling Club Manager. The position is integral to supervising the bar and facility during evening and special events. In addition to bartending and event supervision, this position also assists the club manager with some club administration and cleaning duties.
- Opens and closes the club for evening leagues and special events
- General Light Cleaning of public areas
- Oversees event operation of the bar, serving food and drinks
- Light administration as required, event preparation of forms, documents
- Other duties as assigned
- Operates Bar for Club Member leagues
- Collects payments for special events, clothing and other club activities
Weekend & Special Events
- Operates Bar
- Supervise on-ice activities – greet members/visitors, ensure safe use of the ice facility
- Assist with instruction (if an experienced curler)
- Event administration (registration, taking payments)
Must be 19 years of age or older
Bartending/Serving Experience Preferred
Proficient with Microsoft Word
Ability to curl / knowledge of curling considered an asset
Responsible Beverage certification (It’s Good Business or equivalent) or willingness to acquire
First Aid/CPR current certificate or willingness to acquire
Hours of Work
Weekday – Monday to Thursday – 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Weekend – Friday, Saturday and Sunday events vary during the curling season (October – April)
Total estimated hours per week: 30
Pay based on experience