The Nova Scotia Curling Association (NSCA) is excited to announce the lineup for our High Performance Program for the 2018-2019 season. The program has been designed by our Technical Director & Provincial Coach, Andrew Paris with the goal of creating and fostering a culture of excellence among our junior curlers. This program aligns with our High Performance vision that Nova Scotia athletes and coaches consistently achieve podium results in National competitions.
This program is grateful for the support received from our partners at Sport Nova Scotia, Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic and Support4Sport. For the 2018-2019 season, seven junior teams will receive support at a Tier 1 or Tier 2 level.
The Tier 1 teams receiving support are:
- Team Isabelle Ladouceur – Lakeshore Curling Club – 2018 Canadian Under 18 Girls Curling Champions
- Team Matthew Manuel – Mayflower Curling Club – 2017 AMJ Campbell Under 21 Men’s Champions
- Team Cally Moore – CFB Halifax Curling Club – 2019 Canada Winter Games Women’s Representative
- Team Graeme Weagle – Chester Curling Club – 2018 Canadian Under 18 Boys Curling Champions
- Team Ethan Young – Mayflower Curling Club – 2019 Canada Winter Games Men’s Representative
The Tier 2 teams receiving support are:
- Team Calan MacIsaac – Truro Curling Club – 2018 Provincial Under 15 Boys Champions
- Team Ryan Strang – Lakeshore Curling Club – 2018 Provincial Under 15 Boys Runner-Ups
For more information regarding the High Performance Program, please click here.