article updated: Aug 31, 2018
It’ hard to believe that week 1 of the 2018/19 WCT Curling Season is in the books already. It seems like just yesterday we were wrapping up our last event of the season and crowning our 2018 Mixed Champions. You will be happy to hear that preparations for the upcoming season are well underway. Our 2018/19 Championship Season kicks off on Nov 30 with the AMJ Campbell Under 21 Qualifiers and then wraps up on March 20, 2019 with the Under 11 Ligh Rocks Event. The full event schedule is currently being added to the website and will be available by the end of this week in the playdowns section of the site.
While we work away on our homework, here are some updates you might be interested in as well as some homework for you.
- Rock Status – At the close of our 2017/18 season we sent our rocks away for reconditioning. We are happy to report the work is done and the rocks will be back in the province later this week. For those who like to track the rocks, the attached document has all of the serial numbers and new weights.
- Event Registration Opens October 1, 2018 – The Nova Scotia Curling Association is now using Curling Canada’s Curling IO system for all of its events. This is the same system that is used to register teams for all of their events. You are required to have a profile within their system in order to register. Creating an account is easy. You simply use one of your existing social media or email accounts. Once logged in, you will be able to update your profile & register for any NSCA event once registration opens.
- Events Payment – The Nova Scotia Curling Association will only accept online credit card payments for events & workshops. We are no longer able to accept cash, cheques or e-transfers.
- Residency Rules – Teams competing with an out of province player should review the available information and complete the necessary forms.
- Looking for a team or a team to coach – A free agent listing for junior players and coaches is now available.
- NSCAJR Ranking System – Junior teams competing in the AMJ Campbell Under 21 Events should ensure they register for the NSCAJRS Ranking System so that they are eligible for the two pre-qualifiers spots into the 2019 AMJ Campbell Championship events. All of the information can be found here.
- CTRS – Although this is the throw away year for the Olympic Quadrennial, teams competing in the 2019 NS Scotties Tournament of Hearts and Deloitte Tankard are still required to register for CTRS in order to be eligible for the two pre-qualifiers spots into the respect events. Registration for the women can be completed here and for the men here.